Celebrating 150 years in 2015 - Join the party!
Friends of the Waltham Public Library are celebrating our library's 150th anniversary! Please click on the following link to find out more about our 150th Anniversary.
Funded by the City of Waltham, the Waltham Public Library is a vital engine of the American Dream, offering information, recreation, education, and technology, free of charge, to all - regardless of income, age, education, or background.
The Friends of the Waltham Public Library is a non-profit 501(c)(3) dedicated to the support of the library. We join with the Library Trustees in advocating for the convenient hours and services and a properly funded city library budget. In addition, the Friends assist in areas that are above and beyond the municipal budget, sponsoring projects including:
- Summer reading programs for children and teens - over 550 participants last year!
- Instructional and educational programs
- Readings, concerts, and arts programs
- An extensive feature film collection - over 14,000 DVDs and Blu-Rays
- Discount museum passes for over 20 area attractions
- Laptops and other equipment for in-library use - just under 100,000 public computer sessions last year!
- The William R. Mawhinney Scholarship Fund
Please join us in supporting continuing service and technology improvements to your library, an essential community resource and a cornerstone of our democracy.